A series of perspectives and reflections of the world’s of drug taking, drug seeking, and public policy. Examines the history and patterns of abuse of the major drugs effecting crime in today’s society and analyzes the public policy issues related to the legalization of certain drugs and medical marijuana.
- Analyze and assess the history and patterns of drug and alcohol abuse and control in the U.S..
- Evaluate and examine the history of the major drugs effecting crime in today’s society (e.g. heroin, cocaine, crack, prescription drugs, marijuana, amphetamines, hallucinogens, and club drugs.
- Analyze and compare important legal and public policy issues relating to the suggested legalization of certain drugs.
- Analyze and evaluate the public policy debate concerning issues related to the drug problem such as medical marijuana and needle exchange.
- Evaluate and assess contemporary public policy issues related to supply reduction strategies versus demand reduction strategies.
- Analyze and appraise the perspectives and reflections on the issues of drug seeking, drug taking, alcohol abuse and public policy.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.