The course is designed to aid graduate students to improve their writing and research skills and is specific to criminal justice. It includes an overview of the writing mechanics and process, how to properly conduct research, cite sources and guidelines for writing specific types of criminal justice papers.
- Conduct original research on a criminal justice topic of a professional quality.
- Formulate quantitative and qualitative research design, measurement and sampling.
- Formulate survey and interview methods specific to the criminal justice field.
- Evaluate disciplinary, theoretical and philosophical foundations.
- Detect a better understanding of data-gathering techniques, research studies, and choice of research method.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.