A comparison of the American criminal justice system with other systems around the world. Students will evaluate the systems of law, police, courts and corrections in 30 different countries and examine the diversity that exists in the world legal systems. Also examines and compares American and foreign justice policies.
- Evaluate and compare the American criminal justice system with that of other systems.
- Assess and compare the existing systems of American and foreign justice policy.
- Evaluate and compare substantive and procedural law in four legal traditions-Common Law, Civil Law, Socialist, and Islamic.
- Evaluate and compare the international perspective on corrections with that of the American system.
- Evaluate and compare the various ways policing, adjudication, and corrections systems can be organized and operated.
- Assess and appraise the diversity of the systems of law, police and courts in 30 different countries.
- Evaluate the historical Islamic legal traditions and its importance in the 21st century.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.