Legal Issues in CJ
Legal Issues in CJ
An assessment of legal issues, legal terminology and analysis of court decisions involving criminal justice agencies’ exposure to criminal or civil liability involving wrongful death, wrongful termination, police corruption, and discrimination lawsuits.
- Compare and assess the differences between various forms of legal systems.
- Evaluate the roles placed by the different state and federal trial courts and appellate courts.
- Assess the selection process of judges and the various roles of prosecutors and public defenders.
- Evaluate and assess the success of the various specialized courts including the juvenile courts and the role of the attorneys in plea bargaining.
- Analyze court decisions involving police or criminal justice agencies in terms of criminal sanctions.
- Compare court decisions involving civil liability and wrongful death cases.
- Appraise issues involving wrongful termination, police corruption, and discrimination lawsuits.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.