Investigates the accounting steps required to effectively pursue financial crimes. Topics include the five standards of proof, different classifications of evidence as well as the intricacies involved in how an investigator might develop the evidence necessary for a forfeiture proceeding.
- Describe terms related to banks, brokerage firms, money service businesses and non-traditional financial institutions
- Evaluate the basic types of business organizations and the use of balance sheets and income statements
- Explain what types of information are gathered to complete a financial profile
- Define the elements that must be considered when planning, conducting and recording an interview.
- Analyze the types of information required in an affidavit for a search warrant for financial information.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.