A study of the elements of criminal law as applied to various theories of criminal evidence to enhance understanding of the various issues facing prosecutors, criminal justice practitioners and law enforcement agents. This course will explore the application of evidentiary issues and its relationship to investigations and criminal conduct.
- Describe the basic concepts of criminal evidence.
- Analyze all constitutional issues and the need for protecting the individual from the potential of misapplication of evidence.
- Explain the distinct between criminal evidence and investigatory procedures.
- Describe the role and significance of criminal evidence as it relates to due process, and the rights as supported by the constitution.
- Describe a breakdown of the evidentiary issues in all criminal procedure cases.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.