This course will explore the nature of cultural differences in various conflict situations. Through the examination of various cultural perceptions, participants will learn how to apply concepts of cultural fluency in a variety of conflicting cultural scenarios, and employ personal, interpersonal and inter group skills to bridge cultural differences and achieve mutually beneficial outcomes. Students will participate in role plays, videos, and case studies to enhance their understanding of these issues.
- Understand and identify the nature of cultural differences.
- Recognize and distinguish how cultural differences can fuel conflict.
- Apply concepts of dynamic engagement with a dialogic spirit to resolve cultural conflicts.
- Develop and apply interpersonal practices for bridging cultural differences.
- Develop and apply personal practices for bridging cultural differences.
- Develop and apply techniques for bridging cultural differences in group settings.
- Understand the benefits and appropriateness of using trained third party neutrals in cultural conflict situations.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.