An introductory interactive course designed for students and the business professional to develop the verbal and analytical skills required to perform effectively as a negotiator in conflict situations. Students will participate in negotiating exercises, and learn different negotiating techniques through simulations, videos, and case studies.
- Recognize the need for effective planning in preparation for the negotiation process.
- Identify and explain the fundamentals of distributive bargaining.
- Identify and explain the fundamentals of integrative bargaining.
- Recognize how gender, race, culture and stereotyping affects the negotiation process.
- Understand the effects of power struggles and how they affect the negotiation process.
- Recognize the role perception and communication plays in the negotiation process.
- Identify the standards of ethical conduct that should be part of the negotiation process.
- Understand individual negotiating abilities and preferences.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.