This introductory course will provide students with a broad understanding of ADR. The course will cover Negotiation, Mediation, Arbitration how each is used, and the advantages and disadvantages of each method. The course utilizes role plays, simulations, and case studies.
- Identify and describe the different methods of resolving disputes as alternatives to litigation.
- Comprehend the benefits and detriments of each major Alternative Dispute Resolution process.
- Describe the different roles played by the neutral and the parties in the various Alternative Dispute Resolution processes.
- Communicate mediation principles both orally and in writing.
- Apply dispute-resolution knowledge and skills in solving real-world conflicts.
- Recognize the role perception and communication plays in the negotiation process.
- Describe the need for establishing ground rules to promote effective team conduct.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.