Bachelor of Arts in Digital Media Design
Have a hand in shaping the way the modern world works, learns, communicates, and plays with a Bachelor of Arts in Digital Media Design. Social networks, games, animation, and instructional content all rely on the expertise of digital media designers to engage users and guide their experience. This Bachelor of Arts Digital Media program provides hands-on experience using the very latest tools and technologies that make up the current media arts workspace. As a student in the digital media design degree, you’ll be on top of the latest methodologies used for visual communication in business, marketing, education, and entertainment.
The knowledge and experience gained in digital media design courses prepare you for a transmedia, visually literate future that incorporates web design, audio, video, special effects, layout and design, image creation and editing, and game design.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Develop a personal vision in the creation of original multimedia content.
- Examine current trends and key technologies in the media industry.
- Demonstrate oral, visual, and written communication skills with clients, project managers, and media production team members.
- Describe and implement the phases of media production, from the initial planning to the final delivery of a professional product.
- Explain the legal and ethical issues related to media production and distribution.
- Create active and interactive content with graphics, animation, sound, and video using media authoring software.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.