Prepare to assume a leadership role in your nursing specialization with a Master of Science in Nursing degree from National University. If you are a registered nurse with an associate or bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN), this program provides the education required for a role that utilizes advanced practice skills to function as a provider and organizer of the health care delivery process.
Classes are offered 100% online with flexible course scheduling, so you can study when it works for you.
This program is approved by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and meets the standards for graduate education for advanced practice nursing delineated by the American Association of College of Nursing in the Essentials of Master’s Education for Advanced Practice Nurses.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Implement appropriate theories, models, frameworks, and concepts for nursing and non-nursing disciplines when designing interventions that influence healthcare outcomes for diverse populations in a variety of settings.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to evaluate fiscally appropriate healthcare delivery systems that integrate research and clinical expertise to provide evidence-based, patient-centered care.
- Evaluate policy and economic, environmental, and social forces that impact nursing practice, healthcare delivery, and quality of healthcare.
- Participate in the analysis, implementation, and evaluation of strategies for improving nursing practice through the implementation of health information systems and technologies.
- Demonstrate a professional commitment to creating an environment of lifelong learning for patients, families, communities, and other healthcare practitioners.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 170,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.