PMHNP Residency Practicum
Facilitate Practicum experience of the PMHNP student with children/adolescents in mental health care settings. Accurately assess, plan, intervene, and evaluate the care of children/adolescents with developmental, behavioral or psychiatric disorder. Perform the advance practice role of manager, clinician, educator, researcher, and consultant in the provision of mental health services. Required 180 preceptored/field experience clinical hours. Grading is S/U only.
- Demonstrates an advanced level of nursing practice in conducting assessments, case formulation, differential diagnosis, and arriving at diagnoses which leads to competent and effective treatment for children/Adolescents behavioral health problems or mental illness.
- Evaluate relevant resources to assist children/adolescents with developmental disorder or mental illness.
- Implement evidence based screening and management of common developmental disorder or mental illness of children/ adolescents.
- Formulate treatment plans with the interdisciplinary health care team in the management of clients with acute and enduring mental health problems or developmental disorder.
- Use evidence based research materials to evaluate outcomes and effectiveness of care.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.