Builds upon the knowledge gained in NSG695A and allows students to apply principles in behavioral health settings. Draws upon theories of behavior patterns, belief systems, contexts and integrative models in planning care for primary health clients. NSG695A and NSG695B must be taken concurrently and both completed satisfactorily to progress.
- Use information and communication technologies, resources, and principles of learning to teach patients and families.
- Illustrate learning and teaching principles in the design, implementation and evaluation of health education programs for groups and families in a variety of settings.
- Describe the role of sibling position within Bowen’s Family Systems Therapy.
- Evaluate the therapeutic relationship over time with groups and families to promote positive clinical outcomes.
- Advocate for complex patient and family medico-legal rights and issues.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.