Evidence-based assessment, diagnosis and treatment/management approaches to various psychiatric symptoms and disorders are explored. Analyze concepts of neurophysiology and neuropathophysiology of adult/aging adults with psychiatric disorders. Examine the professional, policy and practice issues influencing the nurse practitioner’s role as a mental health provider for adult/aging adults with psychiatric disorders.
- Formulate an evidence-based strategy in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of adults/aging adults with psychiatric disorder.
- Appraise professional, policy and practice issues influencing the assessment, diagnosis and treatment modalities of adults/aging adults with psychiatric disorders.
- Analyze differential diagnosis for mental health problems, psychiatric and substance use disorders.
- Summarize current evidence regarding major diagnostic and treatment actions for adults/aging adults with mental illness.
- Describe the effect of various comorbid conditions (e.g., diabetes, coronary heart disease) on the trajectory of mental health and illness in adults and aging adults.
- Synthesize principles of genetics and genomics to deliver evidence-based, culturally relevant clinical prevention interventions and strategies.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.