Learner applies theories and principles of psychotherapy learned in MNP688A. Assesses motivation and readiness for treatment. Applies various theories of behavior patterns, belief systems, therapeutic relationship strategies based on evidence to reduce emotional stress, facilitate cognitive and behavior change, and foster growth. Required 90 preceptored/field experience clinical hours. MNP688A and MNP688B are taken concurrently. Grading is S/U only.
- Illustrate learning and teaching principles in the design, implementation and evaluation of health education programs for groups and families in a variety of settings.
- Integrate theory, evidence, clinical judgment, research, and interprofessional perspectives using translational processes to improve advanced behavioral health nursing practice and associated health outcomes for patient aggregates.
- Use information and communication technologies, resources, and principles of learning to teach patients and others with behavioral health issues.
- Create professional boundaries to preserve the integrity of the psychotherapeutic process.
- Employ principles of self-efficacy/empowerment and other self-management theories in promoting relationship development and behavior change.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.