Application of theoretical knowledge in supervised clinical settings in the practice of caring for women and children. The role of the Family Nurse Practitioner in health promotion and disease prevention is emphasized. Required 180 preceptored/field experience clinical hours. FNP 684A and FNP 684B must be taken concurrently. Grading is S/U only.
- Apply knowledge and skills specific to the care of women and children within a family context when making clinical judgments.
- Identify the role of the advanced practice nurse caring for women and children within a family context.
- Integrate teaching/learning strategies in the delivery of care to support advanced practice nursing of women and children within the family.
- Utilize advanced leadership and consultant principles in the delivery of primary obstetric, gynecologic, and pediatric care.
- Apply professional standards of advanced practice nursing in caring for children and adolescents.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.