Focus on methods of health promotion/disease prevention, and assessment and management of common health problems in infants, toddlers, school age children, adolescents, and women from menarche through to the climacteric. FNP 684A and FNP 684B must be taken concurrently and both completed satisfactorily to progress.
- Synthesize knowledge from nursing science, basic sciences, social sciences, and humanities to support advanced practice nursing of women and children.
- Synthesize knowledge from advanced practice to formulate plans of change related to the care of women and children.
- Integrate technology into advanced practice nursing care of women and children.
- Examine research findings applied to the delivery of advanced practice nursing care of women and children.
- Demonstrate ethical/legal accountability in decision making particular to advanced practice nursing care of women and children.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.