Presents information expanding the student’s knowledge base related to current health patterns across the lifespan. Faculty will facilitate the student’s acquisition of advanced skills in collecting subjective data and performing an adult physical and mental status examination. Students interpret data acquired through assessment and results of diagnostic studies.
- Synthesize knowledge from nursing science, basic science, social science, and the humanities as a basis for the collection of subjective and objective data.
- Demonstrate advanced skills in the performance of a comprehensive adult health assessment.
- Assess alterations in normal health patterning across the lifespan.
- Interpret data acquired through assessments and the results of laboratory and diagnostic tests.
- Develop differential diagnoses based on collected data.
- Examine professional values, ethical principles, and legal constraints in the collection of data.
- Utilize the principles of teaching/learning when conducting health assessments.
- Apply research findings related to health assessment.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.