Provides a knowledge base for applying, analyzing and evaluating the culturally competent provision of patient-centered care. Diversity in the global healthcare delivery systems is addressed. Allows the graduate nursing students to explore various models and theories which guide the development of culturally competent nursing practice.
- Analyze selected theoretical frameworks and models of transcultural care.
- Apply knowledge of social and cultural factors that affect the delivery of care across multiple cultural contexts.
- Integrate social and cultural assessment data (including language and health literacy) in planning, implementing and evaluating care.
- Evaluate existing healthcare research data for its application to diverse populations.
- Identify strategies used to provide culturally competent care.
- Examine the influence of culture on the health of individuals, families and communities.
- Examine his/her personal cultural orientation and its influence on healthcare beliefs, values and practices.
- Identify personal role as a leader and/or member of an interdisciplinary healthcare team in the prevention of health disparities and the achievement of culturally competent healthcare services.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.