Addresses the acquisition of knowledge and skills to promote health, help shape the health delivery system, and advance values through policy processes and advocacy. The intricacies of the organization and financing of healthcare delivery systems and the effect of health policies on healthcare delivery are the foci.
- Analyze the economic, legal, and political factors that influence the structure and financing of healthcare, practice, and health outcomes.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of institutional, local, state, and federal policy.
- Advocate for policies that improve the health of the public and the profession of nursing.
- Develop evidence-based, fiscally sound policies for use in clinical practice.
- Examine the ethical and value-based frameworks that guide policy making for healthcare.
- Develop an understanding of the principles of healthcare economics, finance, payment methods, and the relationships between policy and health economics.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 170,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.