This course introduces nursing professional issues. Key concepts include: Scope and standards of nursing practice, social policy in nursing, ethics, regulation and legal issues in professional practice. Students begin study of patient safety, holistic and patient centered care concepts, and are guided to begin their development of a professional identity.
- Utilize a professional, standardized scientific format for developing ideas.
- Describe the professional nursing scope of practice.
- Discuss nursing standards of practice and related legal and ethical issues.
- Explain the impact of nursing history on contemporary practice trends.
- Identify ways regulations affect professional practice.
- Discuss the factors in development of professional identity.
- Support positions on nursing issues with best evidence.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.