This course facilitates the practice of professional nursing by providing students with an opportunity to experiment with the application of various conceptual models in order to evaluate the impact of conceptual models on nursing practice.
- Describe the paradigmatic concepts which form the basis of Leininger’s Culture Care and Universality Theory.
- Compare and contrast health care values and practices of the dominant culture and minority groups.
- Summarize the major categories of regulation found in the Nursing Practice Act.
- Describe the functions of the Board of Registered Nursing.
- Compare and contrast selected A.N.A. Standards of Practice with the Nursing Practice Act.
- Apply specific Standards of Practice to selected case studies.
- Define the metaparadigmatic concepts of nursing.
- Compare and contrast the paradigmatic concepts as they are explication by selected theorists in the development of conceptual models.
- In a simulated practice environment, demonstrate the nursing process using a selected conceptual framework.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 170,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.