The purpose of this course is to facilitate the development of a broad view of the management of health care delivery systems and the nurse’s role in that arena.
- Compare and contrast historical nursing care delivery models within the hospital setting.
- Summarize the process of implementing case management and the expected cost control benefits of the model.
- Analyze and summarize the behavior patterns of effective leaders.
- Compare and contrast theories of decision making.
- Using case studies, apply models of decision making.
- Analyze the culture of a selected organization and identify a set of management strategies for that setting.
- Compare and contrast strategies for identifying and measuring outcomes of nursing care.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.