This course provides an introduction to fundamental values as a foundation for professional nursing practice. It provides an understanding of key components necessary for demonstration of professional value-based behaviors. The concept of caring will be examined through the values of altruism, autonomy, human dignity, integrity and social justice.
- Express oneself effectively through professional nursing written and oral communication skills.
- Integrate use of computer technology with professional practice.
- Analyze adult learning styles and problem-solving techniques.
- Identify behaviors of engaging in effective working relationships.
- Using case studies, apply concepts of the theories of caring.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 170,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.