This course covers practical application of holistic health assessment as the basis for nursing intervention and practice, interviewing skills, health history, physical examination, cultural variations and lab and diagnostic procedures. Concurrent enrollment in NSG 211T is required. Grading is by S or U. This course is 45 contact hours.
- Utilize beginning therapeutic communication skills in interactions with patients, peers and health care team members.
- Demonstrate increasing self awareness and behavior consistent with personal and professional development.
- Perform a Physical Assessment on any client throughout the lifespan.
- Physically assess and interview clients from special populations; Pregnancy, Pediatric, Aging and Functional Limitations.
- Apply teaching and counseling strategies regarding health assessment for human beings across the life span.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.