Presentation and discussion of case studies related to pathophysiological states and safe anesthesia delivery. Evaluation of current best practice issues in the delivery of anesthesia. Presentation of scholarly inquiry culminating project.
- Create a final version of a scholarly inquiry manuscript on a selected anesthesia related evidence based topic.
- Construct a presentation to deliver on the selected topic of scholarly inquiry.
- Appraise the integration of evidence based practice and clinical theory into clinical anesthesia.
- Evaluate clinical crisis management strategies.
- Formulate appropriate course of anesthesia for patients with and without complex needs.
The student is required to return to campus at the end of each session for clinical conferencing and intensive review. Every student is expected to attend the lecture and lab sessions. Meetings with assigned thesis mentor will be scheduled by the student as well. Student presented case studies, conference reports, and group projects will be presented. All documentation of case involvement must be submitted.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.