Explore and review of the principles and applications of nurse anesthesia. Scholarly inquiry into case studies, patient care management, thesis development, and intensive review.
- Develop knowledge in the basic science of nurse anesthesia.
- Formulate anesthesia management plans that utilize respiratory physiologic theory.
- Evaluate practice for the purpose of continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in the role of the nurse anesthetist.
- Select appropriate literature for Journal Club review
- Develop a written review of the literature related to topic of scholarly inquiry.
The student is required to return to campus at the end of each session for clinical conferencing and intensive review. Every student is expected to attend the lecture and lab sessions. Meetings with assigned thesis mentor will be scheduled by the student as well. Student presented case studies, conference reports, and group projects will be presented. All documentation of case involvement must be submitted.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.