Integration of knowledge, skills, and program objectives to a broader array of patients with increasingly complex comorbidities.
- Demonstrate the delivery of anesthesia for surgical procedures with increased complexity.
- Demonstrate the Safe administration of anesthesia during regular planned assignments and emergency procedures.
- Employ pharmacologic, anatomic, and technical foundations to perform and manage regional anesthesia techniques.
- Formulate a postoperative pain management plan utilizing pharmacological agents and regional anesthesia techniques.
- Appraise anatomic landmarks, aseptic methods, and proper techniques for inserting invasive monitors.
All practicum courses are sequential, progressively more demanding, and will require satisfactory completion of the competency objectives to progress to subsequent practica. Punctual attendance is expected at all scheduled clinical practica and other scheduled clinical activities as may be announced. Evaluation is done via weekly clinical evaluations and discussions with the supervising CRNA or anesthesiologist. Students are responsible for knowing their daily assignments, equipment setup, pre- and post-anesthesia patient evaluations, the anesthesia management plan, and for following directions of the CRNA or Anesthesiologist preceptor. Active participation is expected and students are responsible for obtaining and maintaining accurate daily clinical performance and case count records.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.