Detailed study of anesthetic techniques for differing surgical procedures for patients with acute and chronic pathophysiology requiring complex anesthesia management. Specialty practice of neurosurgery, renal, urology, transplant, hepatic, endocrine, trauma, pediatric, and high risk OB covered.
- Develop a plan for anesthetizing obstetrical patients presenting during emergency labor.
- Design a plan for anesthesia delivery to trauma, burn, and difficult airway patients.
- Develop an anesthetic plan for patients experiencing adverse intraoperative complications.
- Evaluate anesthetic considerations for major head and neck surgery.
- Analyze anesthetic management of various complex disease states.
High fidelity patient simulated delivery of anesthesia will be utilized during the course. The student is required to participate in all simulation activities. Each student will participate in an individual anesthesia crisis management simulation scenario.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.