An in depth study of the administration of anesthesia utilizing principles of anesthesia with a pathophysiologic approach for the use of anesthesia equipment, the anesthesia gas machine, documentation, patient preoperative assessment, and basic patient care. Basic and advanced clinical monitoring, patient positioning, and thermoregulation are covered. Airway anatomy, basic and advanced airway management with practical laboratory applications.
- Appraise anatomical and physical findings, functional status, patient history and surgical considerations to formulate and modify perioperative care.
- Evaluate and utilize data obtained from noninvasive and invasive monitoring modalities as they relate to care throughout the perianesthetic continuum.
- Demonstrate commonly used anesthesia equipment.
- Value the contributions of nurse anesthetists to the practice of anesthesia.
- Assemble fundamental concepts in anesthesia science and anesthesia administration.
- Evaluate co-morbidities as they relate to the practice of anesthesia.
High fidelity patient simulated delivery of anesthesia will be utilized during the course. The student is required to participate in all simulation activities.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.