Dr. Ramon Corona
– Electronic Engineer, Universidad de Guadalajara, 1976
– MBA, National University, 1984
– Ph.D in Education Sciences (with honors), Universidad Iberoamericana Tijuana, Mexico, 2000
– AACSB Post-Doctoral degree in Marketing, Tulane University (New Orleans), 2009
– Training at Pirelli International in Milan, Livorno, Naples and Bari (Italy), as well as in Southampton (England), Barcelona (Spain), Lyon (France). 1980-1981
– President and CEO, Pacific Steel (USA), 1983-1985
– President and CEO, American COINSA Inc, (USA), 1985-1987
– Marketing Director, Club Merchandising Inc (a division of Price Club, now Costco), 1998-1990
– President, Baja Celular (Mexico), 1991-1993
– President, International Learning Group, own Consulting firm, 2000 to date
Adjunct Faculty at National University from 2000 to 2004
Fulltime Professor at National University since 2000 at School of Business, teaching International Business, Strategy and Marketing courses
– Guest Professor at Tulane University for Post-doctorate degree in Marketing, 2010
– Guest Professor at UABC Tijuana in their Doctor in Business Administration program, 2008-2010
– Guest professor at several universities in Mexico and South America including ITESM (EGADE), UNIVA (Guadalajara), Universidad de Guadalajara (UDG), CEIPA (Medellin, Colombia), UABC Tijuana, etc.
Numerous presentations at peer-reviewed academic conferences in various countries, as well as over a dozen published papers in peer-reviewed journals, with topics in business and online education.
Key-note speaker at several commencement ceremonies, including Xochicalco and UNIVER universities (Mexico), as well as in other events and institutions.
Fluent in Spanish, English, Italian and basic French
- Corona, Ramon; Mccabe, Marybeth; And Silverstone, Susan. (2016). "Best Practices in Marketing Education: Undergraduate Marketing Programs at National University". Business Education and Accreditation Journal. 8(1): .
- Mccabe, Marybeth And Corona, Ramon. (2016). "An Empirical Examination of Facebook use by Hispanics and non-Hispanics". Global Journal of Business Research, 10(3): .
- Corona, R.. (2014). "A Comparative Analysis of Major US Retailers Based on Enterprise Marketing Efficiency". Global Journal of Business Research, 8(4): .
- Corona, R.. (2013). A Study of Sustainable Behaviors among California Hispanics regarding Transportation. 4: 21-28.
- Corona, R.. (2012). Sustainability for Hispanics in California: Do they really care?. 7: 103-112.
- Corona, R.. (2011). Marketing to Hispanics: Eco-friendly Behavior Patterns. 10: 45-53.
- Corona, R.. (2010). Market Diversification Strategy Of A Global National Oil Company In Latin America: The Case Of Pdvsa Under Chavez. 1(2): .
- Corona, R.. (2008). Analysis of student's feedback regarding the role of the Instructor in an online course. 1: 5-20.
- Corona, R.. (2007). Education without Boundaries: Strengthening Higher Education Partnerships via Online and iLinc Technology. 20: 15-18.
- Altamirano, Nelson And Corona, Ramon. (n.d.). "Is the Treasure Hunt Strategy Working for Costco?". International Journal of Management and Marketing, 3(3): 83-93.
- Corona, Ramon And Mccabe, Mary Beth. (n.d.). "Acculturation in Marketing to Latinos in the US". Journal of Business and Economics Research, 9(9): 67-70.
- Corona, R. (2012-05-01). Is Costco Better than Walmart? A Comparative Analysis Based on Enterprise Marketing Efficiency. Paper presented at the , San Jose, Costa Rica.
- Corona, R. (2010-01-01). Is The Treasure Hunt Strategy Working For Costco?. Paper presented at the , Hawaii.
- Corona, R. (2009-05-01). Costco-Addiction: Having Seasonal and Specialty Items Increases Purchasing Frequency. Paper presented at the , San Jose, Costa Rica.
- Corona, R. (2008-10-01). Evaluating the Marketing Diversification Strategy of a Global National Oil Company in Latin America: PDVSA Under Chavez. Paper presented at the , Newport Beach, CA.
- Corona, R. (2008-09-01). Cultural Consideration In Marketing to Latinos. Paper presented at the , San Diego, CA.
- Corona, R. (2006-07-01). The Cultural Implications of Online Learning: An Approach for Hispanic Students. Paper presented at the , Prato, Italy.
- Corona, R. (2006-02-01). The Impact of effective online teaching strategies for graduate business courses. Paper presented at the , Las Vegas, NV.
- Corona, R. (2005-06-01). Values and Profitability: A future requirement for Global Business development. Paper presented at the , Las Vegas, NV.
- Corona, R. (2005-06-01). Online Teaching Strategies for Business Courses in a Global Environment. Paper presented at the , Las Vegas, NV.
- Corona, R. (2005-02-01). The Role of the Instructor as an imperative factor in Online Education. Paper presented at the , Las Vegas, NV.