Dr. Mary Beth McCabe
As National University’s Academic Program Director for Marketing since 2010, she brings 25 years of hands on experience in television and digital advertising plus business ownership to the School of Business and Management. Dr. McCabe has been an executive in the San Diego business community since 1982, when she was hired by KUSI-TV and prior to that, in Chicago at WCIU-TV. Her business clients range from Fortune 100 firms to family run enterprises across many industries. Her academic degrees are from Alliant University (DBA, Marketing), DePaul University (MBA, Marketing) and University of Dayton (BA, Communications). She has been part of the marketing faculty at UCSD Extension, San Diego State University, and the University of San Diego. She received the Lifetime Achievement Award for Hispanic Marketing from SDX (San Diego Ad Club). She is co-author of Mobile Marketing Essentials and the author of The World’s First Guide to Independent Travel. She lives in San Diego, and volunteers with American Marketing Association, MIT Enterprise Forum and several community groups. Dr. McCabe received the 2018 National University Presidential Award for Online Course Development.
Honors and Awards
- 2018, President's Award for Online Content Development
- 2017, Veteran's Success Faculty Award
- 2016, Student Success Faculty Award
- 2014, President's Professiorate Award
- 2014, Student Success Faculty Award
- Weaver, R,. (2018). Social Media Marketing Strategies for Education Programs. 12(1): 53-62.
- Weaver, R.. (2018). Marketing Effectiveness of Educational Services on Websites. Business Education & Accreditation., 10(1): 49-58.
- McCabe, M. (2017). Social Media Marketing Strategies for Career Advancement: An Analysis of Linkedin. 29(1): 85-99.
- Corona, R. & Silverstone S.. (n.d.). Marketing Best Practices in Education.
- McCabe, M. (2016). An Empirical Examination of Facebook Use by Hispanics and Non-Hispanics. 10(3): 85-92.
- McCabe, M. (2014). U.S. Hispanics Go Mobile: Adoption And Marketing Engagement Trends. 8(2): .
- Corona, R., Weaver, R.. (2012). Sustainability for Hispanics in California: Do they really care?. 7(2): 103-112.
- Corona, R., Weaver, R.. (2013). A Study of Sustainable Behaviors among California Hispanics regarding Transportation. 4(2): 21-28.
- Corona, R., Weaver, R.. (2013). Marketing to Hispanics: eco-friendly behavior patterns. International Business and Economics Research Journal, 4(2): 45-53.
- Corona, R.. (2011). Acculturation in Marketing to Latinos in the US. 9(9): 67-70.
- Becker, M. Berney, P. Hanley, M. & Mccabe, M.. (n.d.). Mobile Marketing Essentials.
- McCabe, M. (1993). The World¿s First Guide to Independent Travel. Guidebook for solo travelers globally.
- McCabe, M. (2018). Tesla: Accelerating to Market. Jacobs Clevenger Case Study Workshop.
- Mccabe, M. & Becker, M. (2019). Privacy is the New Luxury Good. Humanistic Values from the Academic Community..
- McCabe, M. (2019). Intersections in Marketing Practice and Marketing Education: Bridging the Gaps. Evaluating the Gaps and Intersections Between Marketing Education and the Marketing Profession. 117-142.