An examination of principles and techniques of market research with emphasis on quantitative applications, this course focuses on defining organizational information needs and designing appropriate research methods to obtain information. It covers qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, secondary research, internal market intelligence systems, and data analysis.
- Employ the Internet effectively for marketing research.
- Analyze the use of market research in an organization.
- Design, implement and analyze a research program appropriate to diverse market segments.
- Use research findings for decision making in an appropriate market research presentation format.
- Integrate a marketing research program into the overall marketing plan or an organization, SBU or product.
- Analyze current legal and ethical standards of practice in marketing research.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major marketing concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use on-line resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management