This course is a survey of all facets of sales management, including estimating sales potential and forecasting sales, manning territories, selecting, training, motivating, supervising and compensating the sales force, and interfacing with other company functions. Also covered are typical sales management problems and potential solutions.
- Develop a plan for organizing, staffing and training a sales force.
- Know the distinction between the skills required for selling and sales management.
- Identify the key factors in establishing and maintaining high morale in the sales force.
- Develop an effective sales compensation plan.
- Evaluate the performance of a sales person.
- Organize sales territories to maximize selling effectiveness.
- Evaluate sales and sales management strategies in relation to current legal and ethical standards of practice.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major marketing concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use on-line resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.