An in-depth study of how psychological, sociological, and cultural variables influence buying behavior and marketing strategy development. It focuses on identifying the relevant behavioral variables in a given product purchase situation and determining how marketing strategy can be adapted to meet the ways in which consumers perceive, select, and buy. It uses advanced cases and a field study project.
- Identify the many factors that impact the purchase decision, including psychological, sociological, cultural and economic in the consumer product/services market.
- Describe how consumers are using the Internet to search for product information.
- Discuss how the purchase environment impacts the purchase decision.
- Develop strategies to influence the purchase decision.
- Measure consumer attitudes towards your product.
- Develop promotional strategies that will alter consumer attitudes towards your product.
- Identify current legal and ethical practices related to conducting research on consumer behavior.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major marketing concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use on-line resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management