An in-depth examination of marketing environments and the impact marketing activities have on organizational operations in competitive, global, multicultural business settings, the course discusses both domestic and international frameworks of the fundamental marketing functions of product, pricing, distribution, and promotion. It explores and analyzes modern marketing problems and solutions from conceptual, legal, social, and ethical perspectives. It explains marketing information systems and the use of advanced technologies in marketing decision making.
- Describe how the Internet is changing the ways companies market their products.
- Identify a target market and its product market segments.
- Apply the marketing mix towards a specific target market.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of an existing product marketing strategy.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major marketing concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use on-line resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.
- Evaluate marketing strategies in relation to current legal and ethical standards of practice, including social media.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.