A study of all phases of management skills in the field of physical distribution with emphasis on customer service and international distribution strategies, the course covers distribution strategies for products and services. It pays specific attention to direct distribution (from manufacturing to retail), indirect distribution (agents, independent representatives, and VARs), and direct marketing (fulfillment centers).
- Evaluate the impact of the Internet on the distribution of goods and services.
- Synthesize key physical distribution management and decision theory concepts regarding transportation models and resource planning.
- Compare and contrast traditional and emerging systems of distribution.
- Assess customer service needs from the perspective of order replenishment cycles.
- Evaluate international physical distribution strategies with a focus on the culture, government stability, legal systems, economic systems, and internal distribution systems of a nation.
- Develop distribution systems for customers’ product/service needs based on examples.
- Evaluate ethical concerns in the handling and transporting of goods and services in global economies.
- Communicate major marketing concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Use on-line resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.