A course that gives the student an overview and practical application of contemporary methods for gathering, analyzing, and preparing market research for use in marketing decision making. It focuses on defining organizational information needs and designing appropriate research methods to obtain it. Specific topic areas include qualitative and quantitative research methods, secondary research, internal market intelligence systems, and data analysis.
- Discuss the impact of the Internet on marketing research.
- Discuss the use of market research in an organization.
- Develop a research program appropriate to diverse market segments.
- Design and conduct a market research study.
- Use research findings for decision making.
- Present research findings in a appropriate format.
- Analyze current legal and ethical standards of practice in marketing research.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major marketing concepts in writing and orally. using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use on-line resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.