Topics in International Business
This is a graduate seminar covering new trends and areas of interest in international business with a focus on regional business environments. Examples of topics treated in the course are: doing business in emerging markets; economic integration in Europe and Latin America; emergence of new global firms and industries; offshoring; outsourcing; etc.
- Analyze international business topics and international businesses using a taxonomy of economic, geographic/physical, political, cultural, legal and functional factors.
- Evaluate and rank the attractiveness of foreign environments for start-up or expansion of cross-border business operations taking into account criteria such as country risk, credit risk, etc.
- Develop in-depth expertise regarding the business environment of specific foreign countries or regions.
- Apply concepts, principles and techniques learned in different functional areas to the in-depth analysis of specific international business issues.
- Assess the impact of major developments such as the creation of the EU, NAFTA, Mercosur; the emergence of China; offshoring; multilateral trade and finance negotiations; etc. on national economies and the corporate strategy of multinational companies.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.