This course explores the important roles that communication plays in managers/leaders being effective in their tasks as they exchange meaning with supervisees, peers, supervisors, the larger organization, and the community. Both formal and informal communication will be addressed. Additionally, issues such as cross-cultural communication, ethics, conflict resolution, crisis communication, and developing organizational communication competencies will be investigated.
- Analyze situations using a variety of communication theories and models to determine how to make improvements in the situations.
- Determine the most effective match of messages to the unique circumstances in particular situations.
- Evaluate personal communication, verbal and non-verbal, formal and informal, to identify specific areas for improvement.
- Design organizational communication that effectively uses presentations, reports, and mass communication.
- Evaluate ethical issues in all forms of communication within organizations.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.