This course presents a customer-oriented view of operations within an organization. Guided by the organization’s strategic plan, operations deliver the products and services to the customers. This course explores how this delivery is accomplished with efficiency and effectiveness. Components of the course include issues of quality, physical design, and systems management.
- Appraise the impact of global dynamics on the operations of the organization.
- Assess how multiple cultural dynamics will impact the operations of the organization.
- Determine the operations management activities that will be most effective in supporting achievement of strategic objectives.
- Evaluate how organizational structure impacts efficiency and effectiveness.
- Appraise the value-chain to better align customer expectations, operations, and supplier processes.
- Determine the most effective quality processes for the type of product and/or services produced.
- Assess the effectiveness of facilities as a foundation for completing organizational work.
- Evaluate the ethical issues associated with specific operations management decisions.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.