Principles of Management
Examination of management theory and provide opportunities for application of these ideas in real world situations. This examination focuses on the managerial functions of Assessing, Planning, Organizing, and Controlling. Both traditional and cutting-edge approaches are introduced and applied. Specific attention is paid throughout the course to the ethical implications of managerial action and inaction.
- Evaluate the global context for taking managerial actions of planning, organizing and controlling.
- Assess global situation, including opportunities and threats that will impact management of an organization.
- Integrate management principles into management practices.
- Assess managerial practices and choices relative to ethical principles and standards.
- Specify how the managerial tasks of planning, organizing, and controlling can be executed in a variety of circumstances.
- Determine the most effective action to take in specific situations.
- Evaluate approaches to addressing issues of diversity.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.