Strategic Business Management
A study of the application of strategic management principles to the developing, organizing, financing, and operating of a business enterprise, this course integrates and applies skills and knowledge gained in other business courses, especially those in management, marketing, accounting, and finance. To enroll in MGT 442, students must first complete all ‘Preparation for the Degree’ courses and at least four of the courses listed as upper-division BBA requirements.
- Identify the components of strategic business management.
- Explain the importance of a mission statement as it applies to employees and customers.
- Analyze the business situation of an enterprise in a variety of domestic and international industries and competitive situations.
- Apply strategic management and organization principles to the formation and implementation of business strategies.
- Demonstrate awareness of ethical principles, personal and company values, and socially responsible management practices.
- Describe management processes for planning, organizing, and controlling business activities.
- Communicate orally and in writing the critical thinking applied in analyzing a business situation and recommending management principles to be implemented in that situation.
- Evaluate the impact of the external environment and value chain analysis on strategic business management.
- Explain the various ways an organization can build and maintain a competitive advantage.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.