Team Bldg, Interpers Dynamics
An overview of the issues of quality applied to human resources management, topics include the delegation of authority and empowerment, work groups, team building, and employee involvement, reward/recognition programs and employee morale, and the importance of written and oral communication skill in the delegation, sharing, and execution of work. Students gain a clearer understanding of the ways the workplace is changing to improve productivity and profitability.
- Apply the principles of group dynamics to forming teams/groups for specific tasks.
- Explain the fundamental principles of interpersonal communications.
- Assess the communication climate in an organization.
- Analyze the effect of physical setting and organizational culture of interpersonal and team/group communication.
- Assess the changing nature of workforces and what these changes mean to organizations.
- Evaluate the effect of changing technology on organizations and their workforce.
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of motivational theories as they apply to organizational behavior.
- Apply the principles of individual and team leadership/facilitating skills for improved employee motivation and work behavior.
- Apply the principles of empowerment to individuals and teams.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.