This course is a survey of the theories, techniques, and concepts of management in organizations and the role of the manager in a technologically-oriented society.
- Describe the common theories of management.
- Analyze the basic functions of management.
- Explain the different ideas regarding organizational behavior.
- Evaluate the theories of motivation.
- Analyze and evaluate various theories of leadership.
- Describe the common elements of effective communication.
- Analyze approaches to managing change and culture.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.