Examine the cross-border operations of multinational companies focusing on country assessment and market entry, market research, segmentation, marketing mix adaptation, outsourcing and global Corporate Social Responsibility. Also includes the role of exchange rates, the mechanics and institutional structure of global trade and payments, as well as the role of social media in global operations. Students will prepare an applied international business project
- Use local entrepreneurship and trade promotion resources to expand overseas operations.
- Apply theoretical and practical market research tools for country screening and entry.
- Analyze the global supply chain of multinationals and their offshoring practices.
- Appraise the impact of currency fluctuations, netting, transfer pricing, and offshore taxation on corporate earnings.
- Evaluate the role of social media and the Internet in global trade and the ethical dilemmas faced by multinationals in a global context.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.