A seminar-style course covering trends and new areas of interest in international business with a focus on country and regional business environments. Examples of topics covered are: Assessing and analyzing international markets based on cultural, country risk, taxation, government intervention and other factors that facilitate or hinder doing business in specific locations; business ethics in international environments; economic integration in Europe and South America, etc. Students with an international background are encouraged to share their knowledge of specific national business environments.
- Discuss international business topics and international businesses using a taxonomy of economic, geographic/physical, political, cultural, legal and functional factors.
- Apply concepts, principles and techniques learned in different functional areas to the in-depth analysis of specific international business issues.
- Appraise the attractiveness of foreign countries or regions for start-up or expansion of cross-border business operations taking into account criteria such as country risk, credit risk, ease of doing business, etc.
- Evaluate the impact of major developments such as the emergence of the BRICS, the EU, NAFTA, Mercosur; offshoring; multilateral trade and finance negotiations; etc. on the corporate strategy of multinational companies.
- Develop in-depth expertise regarding the business environment of specific foreign countries or regions.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.