Info Mgmt for Leaders
Info Mgmt for Leaders
This course focuses on the strategic role of information technology (IT) in today’s dynamic organizations. Emphasis is placed on the application of IT strategies to align to the organization’s strategic planning, customer analysis, rapid decision-making, and problem solving. Topics will include: (a) harvesting information as organization asset; (b) prioritizing the gaps between where the organization is today and where it needs to be in the future; (c) integrating information into the vision, goals, and mission of organizations; (d) using advanced IT to implement change; and (e) analyzing information to achieve competitive advantage. Technical skills needed in storing, updating, and retrieving information, building, and using Web-based applications and business forecasting will also be covered.
- Implement information management theories/strategies appropriately to diverse situation and organizations.
- Assess technological systems that support information management.
- Establish the ethical implications of various information management systems and processes, as well as the place of information management in an organization.
- Use information management knowledge and skills to solve problems presented in case studies.
- Demonstrate appropriate written and oral skills, technology and ethical leadership skills in organizational settings.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.