Info Mgmt in Organizations
Overview of Information Systems (IS) infrastructure and its utilization in today’s global business environment. The use of technological tools and the role of information systems will be discussed from the organizational strategic, tactical and operational view. Students learn how to choose and utilize information and knowledge to gain competitive advantage in the industry.
- Align IS strategies with business strategies.
- Identify and discuss information system and business needs.
- Create a foundation for organizational information systems infrastructure that can provide competitive advantage.
- Articulate how business information systems process data into information through the use of tools such as; database, network, and applications.
- Compare and contrast the knowledge of various business and technology components; systems development, project management, and decision support systems.
- Analyze different methods to mobilize organization’s "tacit" knowledge within a global enterprise.
- Apply the ethical, legal, and managerial issues in Information Systems management to specific situations.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.