Focus on perspectives and skills for advising and providing assistance. Models for change consulting, including appropriate ways to provide assistance in change and development initiatives. Simulations of community development situations are used to analyze change and development issues and problems. Needs assessment, resistance to change, conflict, and effective communication.
- Apply strategies and processes for working with community leaders.
- Apply fundamental skills for advising, providing assistance, and supporting others.
- Assessing and evaluate stakeholders’ needs in change and development initiatives.
- Analyze NGO, government, and corporate funding and budget processes.
- Practice effective communication with ethic, religious, national, and social groups.
- Be able to partner with various stakeholders to plan, design, and implement effective and sustainable social transformation and community development initiatives.